Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 287- Jan. 5- Véronique Dion-Roy


Véronique is a beautiful and warm human being. She is little in size, but takes up a huge amount of space with her passion and love for those she holds close to her. She has a drive to help people discover their strength, resilience and soul's desire. I'm not saying that her life is smooth sailing and perfect, but it is blessed because she embraces everything that is tossed into her path and finds a way to either get around it, climb over it, or deconstruct it so that it doesn't keep her stalled for long.



Véro is an inspiration to me, and helped bring another inspiring soul into my life, Jurian Hughes. I was having trouble in those days, struggling with who I was and what my soul wanted. I was crushed by the weight of the world around me and the opinions of others. I had lost a love and didn't know how I fit into the universes plan. I was on edge, unsettled and had very little self awareness.

In her role at the Health Board, she was able to help support a "Yoga in the Schools" training project for teachers. I attended that training and suddenly broke down as I stopped and forced myself to not avoid, but feel what was inside. That was a turning point for me on my path.

Since then I have spent time with her, sometimes staying in her home when I am stuck in Kuujjuaq for a couple nights. Her calming presence is palatable in her house. I cherish her and the awareness she helped me find.

Song of the Moment: Unarmed by Mariah McManus

No comments: