Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 294- Jan. 12- Julien Roy

Julien Roy was a nurse in George River for a few years. Normally, for some reason, nurses and teachers never really spent much time together. Maybe it was due to conflicting schedules, however when Julien, Sabrina and Amelie were regular nurses in town, I finally had the chance to bridge that gap.

Julien agreed to teach a class on sex education for us, explaining what regular examinations were like and what STI tests entailed. My students were kind of shy, but really glad to get outside the school whenever we could. Not every nurse would make time for educating the youth, but he was willing and did a great job.

Julien was a thoughtful and fun loving friend to have in town. I miss him being here, now that I am reminiscing! He left a couple years ago to pursue graduate studies and since then I have never really gone to meet the new nurses. Back in those days, we used to go for hikes to the end of the road, to have picnics or just talk at length about life and the pursuit of happiness. I enjoyed his free spirit and willingness to throw on the boots with very short notice and walk.




During my visits to Montreal, we used to make time to meet up for dinner or coffee. It's been a while since I saw him as time and life passes by and changes our priorities and availability. The fun part is that I am confident that if we had the chance, it would be as fun as all our meetings.
After scanning old photos to decide which ones to include, I was reminded of this sushi supper at Sabrina's in the Plateau. I think it was the most delicious sushi I have ever had in the south. Maybe that will have to be our reunion supper plan, okay? I hope he is well wherever he is in this moment.

Song of the Moment: This isn't Everything You Are by Snow Patrol

No comments: