Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 288- Jan. 6- Lydia Etok

 Lydia is one of the strongest women I know. Not just physical strength but she has an incredibly strong character and emotional side. I love spending time with her whenever I can, whether it be on her rare visits to GR or whether I am passing through Montreal.

Lydia grew up in George River but left long before I arrived. Her family is my GR family too. They, like her, are generous and strong. They look after one another and stand up for themselves simultaneously.



Lydia sacrifices herself for her loved ones immensely. She supports and looks after her family even when she is exhausted from a long day of work. She also is self-aware and makes efforts to look after her own needs too. I think she is an amazing role model for her daughter Lucy and has taught me a lot too about being open to life, taking advantage of the opportunities in front of me and not being scared of the results. She's challenged me on many an occasion to push myself.





I look forward to seeing her again soon, and hopefully someday taking a crazy road trip together with her! She has such a taste for embracing life that I think more people should have!!


Song of the Moment: 
After Hours by Coleman Hell

No comments: